UBF&CP: The Reconstruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11)

3 posters

Go down

The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11) Empty The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11)

Post by Ptep Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:32 pm

If you break a rule, there will be consequences. Here are the levels of consequences, which will appear after each rule:

Sad Smile Smile Smile Smile : Your post will be deleted or edited, and you will recieve a warning after you break this rule 5 times. 3 warnings, you get a temporary ban.
Sad Sad Smile Smile Smile : Your post will be deleted or edited, you will recieve a warning after you break the rule twice. 3 warnings, you get a temporary ban.
Sad Sad Sad Smile Smile : You get 1 warning only, and if you break the rule again you will get a temp-ban. 3 temp-bans, you get permabanned.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile : You will not get a warning, and you will be temp-banned. 2 of these and you will be permabanned.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad : Breaking this rule results in instant permaban without warning.

-Spam-
Roleplay and Actions: Most roleplay will be confined to the Courtyard and the EFPG Headquarters. This includes actions, "-Slaps with large fish-," marked by stars or dashes. SOME actions in topics elsewhere are allowed, but try to keep it to a minimal, and NO ALL-ACTIONS POSTS! Level: Sad Sad Smile Smile Smile
Off-Topic: Try to stay on topic. If you can't find the topic you're looking for, say if you want to talk about football and there's no football topic, make a new one! Don't just go anywhere and start talking about football. Level: Sad Smile Smile Smile Smile
Double-Post: Double posting is not permitted, as it clutters the forum. If nobody posts in three days after your post, you may post again if you have something else to say. If you forget something in your post, edit it. Level: Sad Smile Smile Smile Smile (Increases with Triple Posts, Quadruple posts, etc.)
One-Word posts: No one-word posts. They clutter the forum too much too. Smilies don't count (Both "Yes" and "Yes Smile Smile Smile " are one-word posts.) If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it. Level: Sad Sad Smile Smile Smile
Music: Music can cause arguments. If someone posts music, do NOT argue over it in your opinion of music. Everyone, everyone, is entitled to their own opinion and should not be told to change it. Topics in which music arguments develop will be locked.
Topic Titles: Topic titles should have something to do with the topic, not just "OMG" or "CHECK THIS OUT!!" Topics whose titles are pointless will be locked.

-Moderators-
Moderators: MODERATORS MUST DO THEIR JOBS! If you don't, you'll be fired from modship. You'll also lose your job if you do anything level Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile or higher. The last forum's mods rarely did their jobs, and often broke some of the most important rules.
Abuse of Powers: Do NOT abuse your powers! Plain and simple. If you don't like a post (For a good reason), report it. Don't delete it unless it breaks a rule. Please also alert me before deleting a whole topic. Level: Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile + Loss of modship

-Language and Related Stuff-
Cursing: NO cursing! Very bad! Except for "Crap," and "Freaking," you're not allowed to curse. I know some people believe that "Crap" and "Freaking" are curses, but they're not in my book and are okay to say. Acronyms such as "WTF", "OMFG", and "LMAO" are not okay to say. Level: Sad Sad Sad Smile Smile to Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad , depending on the curse.
Suggestiveness: Absolutely NOTHING suggestive. This is of ZERO TOLERANCE! Words, phrases, images, jokes, NOTHING. Level: Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile to Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad , depending on how suggestive.
Gore and Blood: Many people become offended by gore and blood. There should be NO gore or blood in any images, videos, or avvies on the forum. Level: Sad Sad Sad Smile Smile

-Personal Info-
Locations: This forum is not for real estate. It's not all about location. Razz I know there's a "Location" option in the profile, but don't fill it out with anything specific! The most specific you can get is your state. No cities, neighborhoods, or direct addresses. I joke on my location bar, and you can do the same. Level: Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile
Real Names: No real names unless the person is not involved with any sites associated with this one (You can use family names, such as "my Aunt Lyn.") Level: Sad Sad Sad Smile Smile
Scams to Get Personal Info: If you are scammed for personal info, such as via PM, let me know who tried to scam you! I'll ban them, probably forever.

-Other Stuff-
Name Calling/Hurtful comments: None of these, kay? This includes racism, racial jokes, and anything racist. Level: Sad Smile Smile Smile Smile , or Sad Sad Sad Sad Smile , the latter if racial.
Reports: If you see a post that breaks any rule, report it so the mods and I can get to it faster.
Fun: HAVE FUN! It's a rule, so you better do it!
Forum Badges: Badges are meant to show someone's accomplishments, so if you steal them, you're in trouble. Level: Sad Sad Sad Smile Smile

If I forgot anything, I'll add it later.

Last edited by Pteprocks: Admin on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Gore and Blood, Topic Titles, Music)
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Forumite Points : 1001502

https://ubf7cp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11) Empty Re: The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11)

Post by Genocide Jack Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 pm

- reads rules-

hmm.....nothing against posting violent flash movies.....is there?
Genocide Jack
Genocide Jack
KATF Veteran

Forumite Points : 239246

Back to top Go down

The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11) Empty Re: The Rules of the Reconstruction (UPDATED 2/25/11)

Post by Ptep Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Exactly HOW violent?
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 am

I understand you've rewritten the rules now, which is cool and all, but here are my suggestions!

PART ONE!
You forgot the G rule, so as long as this video of his does not Curse, Cuss, Swear, or whatever you choose to call it, it technically would fall under these new rules. We are all mature enough, as is well, to extend the rule to PG. I think we are capable of atleast that.

PART TWO!!I believe "WTF" should still be a legal acrononym. Now I understand the other two, yes you can't replace the others, but atleast use WTF. In my book, my speacil little book of words, WTF stands for What the FUDGE. A perfectly, harmless acronym. LMAO and OMFG can go. They can easily be replaced with OMG and ROFL.

PART THREE!!! Very Happy

Lastly! You can't really find a "funny" flash out there that lacks those violent words. I believe if you add the warning level (If it's a movie like "PG-13" or if a game like "Rated T for Teens"), then the person knows "Hey! I don't want to see/play that!

PART FOUR!!!! Le' Grand Finale'
On the subject of music! If the title fits, I say they get to add it. If you warn in the title the genre of song, age level, and band, then it should be allowed to be posted. Now of course, that extends to my next concern involving titles. Post titles mostly dont make since. Half the titles on the forum are "OMG READ THIS!" or "LOL THIS IF FUNNEH!". I believe the title should atleast PATIALLY resemble the psot in which you are making. I believe yes, it maybe funny, or yes, it is something I should read, but I want to know what I am reading before I waste my time with it. Lol

All in all though, nice change! I think adding punishments will make the rules seem more enforced and effective!

As a final pleed, I am saying the "forbiden acronyms" in this as a plead to my case, and hope you can find the common decency to let it slide for the sake of the arguement. Smile

EDIT: I would also like to state, since those who like to smart off will notice this, you have no rules about Gore or Blood, things of the such. You may want to add those rules, because that would probably be something some people notice. Lol

Roco
The Devious One

Forumite Points : 530

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Pteprocks' Response (In his OFFICIAL font Razz)

Part One: The G rule was overused in forums created after mine. I found that since this was the new forum, the rules should be written from scratch, and I did so. I think I covered that pretty thoroughly in suggestiveness and cursing.

Part Two: I HAVE, indeed, been taking into consideration some changes to the cursing section. The DCForums, though designed to accommodate all ages, allows "Hell," "Damn," "WTF," AND "LMAO." In observing the DCForums' policy and your suggestions, I hope to make some reasonable changes to the rules soon.

Part Three: As with the DCForums, this forum is designed to accommodate all ages. A warning in the topic title that there is cursing or whatever MAY suffice, but I don't believe I would tolerate a moderate to high level of suggestiveness... And certain curse words are a lot, a LOT worse than others. I will take this into consideration, but for now the policy will not change.

Part Four: These are great ideas. There SHOULD be a rule about topic titles. And... Maybe I was a little harsh in taking away music. I think the rule could be lessened to "no arguments about music" or something similar. And I likely will add a rule about topic titles.

Roco's Edit: Coulda sworn that was already in there, will need to add that.

MY edit: Have updated the rules with Gore and Blood, Topic Titles, and Music sections.
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down