UBF&CP: The Reconstruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chobots Theme

Go down

The Chobots Theme Empty The Chobots Theme

Post by Ptep Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 am

The parts of the Chobots theme used from August 10 to 24, 2011.

The banner (click to see the whole thing):
The Chobots Theme Chobot10

The music:

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

The homepage message:
On August 9, 2011, Chobots was permanently closed due to irreparable damage caused to the servers by a third-party hacking group known to us only as Ola.

So this theme for the forum is up until August 24 to say goodbye to our old friend Chobots.

The Chobots Theme Cho7 The Chobots Theme Cho4

The Chobots Theme Untitled

"It's too bad. It's just too bad.

I had many memories on Chobots. Most were good, a few were bad. Some of the best times I had on the internet were on Chobots.

But later on it seemed like Chobots started getting too money-crazy. Every single good item was virtually impossible to buy without exchanging money for coins.

So I had quit Chobots, only using it any further as a means of contacting a friend who was only allowed to go on Chobots, no other game.

When I heard that Chobots had been hacked after having not played it for almost a year, I was still... disheartened. I contemplated ways to free it from the hackers. One of them used to be my internet buddy. I didn't know at the time what a total jerk he was.

But I faced the reality that there was no possible way to stop the hackers. There was no way to bring the authorities in, since we couldn't know where they were located. If we had stopped them using force, they could easily hack us and make our lives a living... you know.

Still, I thought possibly it could recover. But I came to a realization. How much could a few people do in this giant world? It's a sad fact of life that the little guy doesn't have much of a voice. Only a gigantic force truly has the power to cause a long term change in something. Even movie stars come and go, and after fifty years or so their name dies out.

So I bid Chobots a final adieu.

Just my two cents. Or two hundred."

--Pteprocks
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Forumite Points : 1001502

https://ubf7cp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down