UBF&CP: The Reconstruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controversial Cartoons

4 posters

Go down

Controversial Cartoons Empty Controversial Cartoons

Post by Roco Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

This video is considered wrong by many, what do you think?

My later post shows my opinion on the matter... sorry, I just really needed to think about what I wanted to say.

Last edited by Roco on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Roco
The Devious One

Forumite Points : 530

Back to top Go down

Controversial Cartoons Empty Re: Controversial Cartoons

Post by Jairo M Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

*sigh* Were is Cartoon Network going... you never saw Courage having to defeat the "I make you love women" monster that was attacking Muriel, or Eddy plotting a scam to get the neighborhood kids to strip them of their cloths and have to buy em' back...

Anyway, I honestly don't know where to go with this.
On one hand, they really shouldn't have a problem going with this. Your sexual orientation isn't really something to be blocked out of a child's mind.

On the other hand, it's still, like you said, a big leap, one I personally wouldn't want to be a part of... I just don't know what side I would be on...
Jairo M
Jairo M
3 Rank
3 Rank

Forumite Points : 30352

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jayempro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Controversial Cartoons NA1-640x638
Created by an official Frederator Employee

I rethought my opinion over this. I couldn't believe how I had thought of it earlier, and I am SUPER upset about it.

This is a REALLY delicate subject, in which to dance around is screwed up. Kid's shows show boy/girl kisses all the time, for me to sit here and say that a Girl/Girl or Boy/Boy kiss/relationship is INAPPROPRIATE for a Kid's show is WRONG in every possible way.

YES, it does go against popular believe!
YES, it goes against the BIBLE!
NO, it is NOT WRONG.

To say that a homosexual relationship is anymore inappropriate than a heterosexual relationship is like saying that Black and White people are different! IT IS THE SAME!

BEING GAY DOES NOT MAKE YOU OVERLY SEXUAL
BEING A LESBIAN DOES NOT MAKE IT INAPPROPRIATE

There are BOUNDARIES in which most be made, but I think this is a GREAT thing for a kid's show to be doing. To make SUCH a leap as to introduce REAL LIFE EVENTS into a KIDS TV SHOW is a great thing. A GAY PERSON IS NO DIRTIER THAN A STRAIGHT PERSON. No, it does not mean in the middle of the episode Marceline and Princess Bubblegum need to start making out, but to get out of the CLOSET is good enough.

THAT ISN'T EVEN THE NASTIEST THING THEY MADE FROM THE EPISODE!
THOUGH GAY-LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP IS AGAINST POPULAR BELIEVE, THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE IS PROBABLY THE NASTIEST!

At the beginning of the episode, the Doorlord takes a piece of PB's hair from Finn, in which he was keeping precious. This is blatantly obvious to adults, that Finn
Spoiler:
to the hair.

YET THE HOMOSEXUALITY IS THE NASTIEST PART?

I say they should probably continue this, but that's just my two cents.

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Naminé Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:23 pm

there was nothin wrong with this episode of this show i seen many cartoons where someone has a possesion of something and doesnt have to be that roco -.- plus they wasnt anything gay/lesbian about the singing ever thought they want to be friends instead of girlfriends. spongebob was suppose to be about patrick and spongebob being gay lovers, they kinda show that in some episodes such as patrick is a husband while spongebob dresses as the wife because they were taking care of a baby clam, doesnt mean they are gay
Naminé
Naminé
The Heartless
The Heartless

Forumite Points : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Roco is exactly correct. The main reason society frowns upon homosexuality? Religion. That's where it stems from. And yet, we've become a religiously neutral world, so much so that the words "under God" have to be removed from the pledge of allegiance, in an effort to make everyone feel welcome. Yet the prejudice against gays remains...why? How does it make them feel? They get teased and battered to the point of committing suicide before even graduating from high school. Make an effort to make everyone feel welcome on ALL fronts, including sexual orientation. Not just religion, or race, or gender. The problem with this is that it's even a problem, a subject of discussion. If the world were absolutely perfect, this would be an everyday thing. In fact, the FCC or whatever almost pulled Spongebob from the airwaves due to the fact that he and Patrick HELD HANDS. Holding hands is now a symbol of sexuality? Honestly.

(Gah, ninja'd by Namine on the spongebob thing.)
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Forumite Points : 1001502

https://ubf7cp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Naminé wrote:there was nothin wrong with this episode of this show i seen many cartoons where someone has a possesion of something and doesnt have to be that roco -.- plus they wasnt anything gay/lesbian about the singing ever thought they want to be friends instead of girlfriends. spongebob was suppose to be about patrick and spongebob being gay lovers, they kinda show that in some episodes such as patrick is a husband while spongebob dresses as the wife because they were taking care of a baby clam, doesnt mean they are gay

"In this episode Marcelline hints that she might like Princess Bubblegum at little more than she’d like to admit. Maybe a little more than Finn? Do you see where I’m going with this? …What do you think about Marcelline and Bubblegum getting together? Does that leave Finn out in the dust? Or is it just adorbz?"

"Rebecca says that the anger and frustration from the song, leads too the opening of a door in Marcelline's heart. Perhaps that door is just a closet, if you see where I am going with this"

Yes, there is Lesbian tendencies. It was INTENTIONAL. The people at Frederator stood up, and said "Hey, let's cut the CRAP. What is WRONG with a different sexuality on a TV show?"

It's not the first time the show has hit on controversial issues, and it's defiantly not going to be the last. It isn't hard to believe that they would make such a bold move.

Infact, it is considered MORE surprising that a SERIOUS GAY/LESBIAN MOVE ON TV is ACCEPTED than pushed away. This was a small exception that people not only praised it, but wanted to push it forward. This is a GOLDEN moment to educate the populous, and could defiantly lead to some big debates. Frederator released an episode on "Mathmatical" their Adventure Time recap, saying the above quotes. The video received a LOT more attention than intended, and was quickly removed by the powers at be.

How could it possibly be so surprising, especially in the rise of TBLG popularity, that a children's TV show would actually make such a BOLD move.

I figure today, on a day to SUPPORT ALL HUMAN BEINGS, NO MATTER THE SEXUALITY, that for a TV show to make such a bold move, it is amazing.

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Naminé Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 pm

they removed undergod? maybe only where ur at... but times have changed get a new watch cause were in a new accepting era
Naminé
Naminé
The Heartless
The Heartless

Forumite Points : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Naminé wrote:they removed undergod? maybe only where ur at... but times have changed get a new watch cause were in a new accepting era

Actually, due to a rise in new religions in America, and the frequent Gay Rights activists across America, this is only becoming as apparent to remove it. Just because the majority of the population believes in god, does not mean everyone does. The government wants EVERYONE to feel welcome.

It is not legal to even say UNDER GOD at ANY government events, and has been removed from those. As well as that, most TV shows and foot ball games don't say "under god". Heck, my school has almost completely taken it away, if you don't want to you don't even have to say the pledge because of that.

"Separation of Church and State"

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Naminé wrote:they removed undergod?

In public schools they no longer say the words "Under God" within the Pledge of Allegiance. It can be different in other facilities with use of the pledge, but public schools are no longer PERMITTED to use the words. Whether or not they do is their choice, but if federal agents caught them there could actually be consequences for it. There isn't anything particularly wrong with this, because there are people in the United States that observe other religions. This wasn't the point of my previous post, however.

Ninja'd again ._.
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Pteprocks: Admin wrote:
Naminé wrote:they removed undergod?

In public schools they no longer say the words "Under God" within the Pledge of Allegiance. It can be different in other facilities with use of the pledge, but public schools are no longer PERMITTED to use the words. Whether or not they do is their choice, but if federal agents caught them there could actually be consequences for it. There isn't anything particularly wrong with this, because there are people in the United States that observe other religions. This wasn't the point of my previous post, however.

Ninja'd again ._.

Sorry man Razz

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 pm

No need to apologize, I'd just like to get one point in before anyone else Razz
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jairo M Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 pm

I guess he just wanted to po---

I just got unintentionally Ninja'd by Ptep! o-< (thats a twitch smilie btw)

I guess you can say
*puts on sunglasses*
Controversial Cartoons Dcaruso

I just got Ninja'd

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
Jairo M
Jairo M
3 Rank
3 Rank

Forumite Points : 30352

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jayempro

Back to top Go down