UBF&CP: The Reconstruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Minecraft Official Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Minecraft Official Thread Empty The Minecraft Official Thread

Post by Roco Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm

The Minecraft Official Thread 19388d1331406270t-request-minecraft-logo-font-minecraft_logo

What is Minecraft?
Minecraft, in a nutshell, is legos for awesome people.
Minecraft, if you are not aware, takes place in a 16 bit world in which everything is a cube, including yourself. You play as Steve, a survivor alone in a post apocalyptic world (unless you choose to play in multiplayer), struggling to survive. The world is very peaceful, but once night falls, monsters appear and roam the world. A nice well light shelter keeps them at bay, at least until morning when they burst into flames.
So what kind of game is this? It's a beautiful four in one; Survival, Creative Building, Exploration, and Adventure. The game consists of 4 modes, the first being Single Player Survival, where you must build to survive against monsters, and yet, at the same time prosper and eventually defeat the Enderdragon. The second is Single Player Creative, where you have no fear of monsters (yet they do spawn), and can build with an unlimited amount of resources as you please. The third and fourth are exactly the same as the latter two except you do so with friends.

Crafting
The Minecraft Official Thread Crafting-Fence
Crafting is what makes Minecraft fun. You are spawned in a world consisting of trees, minerals, naturally forming mines, and just basic necessities. While this is fine and dandy, this alone would leave you dead on your first night. Crafting allows you to turn the wood blocks from the trees into doors, torches, boats, and lets you prosper. However, with no guidance to what does what, you are lead blindly into making combinations until you find what suits you. The best strategy is to sit down, think, and put stuff into a 9 square figure of the item you want. It almost always works.

The Monsters
I know you guys, especially blitz. None of you want to play a game that you can't kill something in, and this is just the game. With countless monsters, unending naturally formed dungeons, and hidden tombs with traps, this game makes the most of 16 bit blocks.
The Creeper

The Creeper is the bane of anyone who plays Minecraft, and the number 1 killer. He has no attack, he will merely roam up towards you. However, if he gets too close, he'll explode and kill you instantaneously. He sucks eggs. Killing him is very difficult (because you can't get close to it), but does reward you with gunpowder, the source of TNT and true happiness.
The Enderman

The Enderman, while not as common as the other monsters, is the most difficult to defeat. They will not attack you, approach you, and generally wont bother you. Unless you look at them. Once you make eye contact with an Enderman, do not break it. No matter what, do NOT blink. Once Steve turns away from the Enderman, he will teleport behind you and begin beating your head in. If you attack him, he'll teleport away for a few seconds, then teleport back behind you and begin attacking again. I love the look of Endermen, and they are my personal favorites. They will reward you with ender pearls once killed, which inevitably lead you to a complete new dimension. In this new dimension, The End, you must face the Enderdragon and probably die. They don't like water, so if you can waddle into water without breaking eye contact, that would be perfect! On top of all of this, they have a strange habit of picking up blocks, for not real reason at all. They can pick up every block, except obsidian.

The Minecraft Official Thread Enderman

Others
There are also zombie (the most common), spiders, Ghasts, Zombie Pigmen, Cave Spiders, Skeletons, Skeleton Jockeys, Slimes, Blazes, Magma Cubes, Wolves, and Silverfish. There are probably more, but I can't think of any others.

TLDR
Its a great game, and if you haven't played it you should. If you have, lets discuss it. Post pictures of your creations, strange things, servers, and just anything else you want here!

Y U No Y U NO PLAY YET?

Roco
The Devious One

Forumite Points : 530

Back to top Go down

The Minecraft Official Thread Empty Re: The Minecraft Official Thread

Post by Ptep Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 am

Roco how dare you read my mind I just bought it for my phone. >:I
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Forumite Points : 1001502

https://ubf7cp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocide Jack Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 pm

...nice knowing you guys.
Genocide Jack
Genocide Jack
KATF Veteran

Forumite Points : 239246

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

? Why

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocide Jack Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 pm

pteps not gonna come out of the monster that is minecraft/
Genocide Jack
Genocide Jack
KATF Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 am

Minecraft is great, its what divides boys from men in the world of gamers. Those who can't handle it will wind up playing it until they die... those who can will play it as if it were a normal video game.

...Your right... Ptep probably can't handle it lol

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocide Jack Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 am

Exactly. And why does your avvie change so often
Genocide Jack
Genocide Jack
KATF Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Y u gaiz h8 meh ;~;

Also pocket edition sucks so I'm getting PC version probably Wednesday or Saturday.
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roco Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 am

I can't decide on an avvie, and yeah, the pocket edition is like 1/8 of the real game

Roco
The Devious One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptep Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 pm

The Minecraft Official Thread Iaza12170633755700

Slightly outdated picture of my house. I added pens in the back for farm animals, other than that it's the same from the outside now.
Ptep
Ptep
You know ;)
You know ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down